Dr. Simmons and team are also deeply involved with the not-for-profit community and their attibutes play a key role in strategic transformation and initiatives within the community.
As a community volunteer Dr. Simmons excels as an advocate against Drug and Alcohol Abuse – as Circles of San Antonio Community Coalition (COSA). COSA was formed in 1998 under San Antonio Council of Alcohol and Drug Abuse. The vision of the Coalition is to promote multiple strategies across the multiple sectors or “Circles” that comprise the Bexar County community, civic, judicial leadership, educators, military, faith based, healthcare, and grassroots citizens in order to prevent and reduce substance use, to strengthen the prevention, intervention and treatment continuum, and to impact the San Antonio community processes in order to effect environmental change for both youth and adults. http://www.youtube.com/user/CirclesofSA,
Dr. Simmons is also fortunate to Chair the Business Council for Northwest Vista Community College, is a volunteer for Alamo Community College Stragegic Planning and serves on the Board of Directors for various organizations.
All of us at Genesis Professional Solutions (GPS) deeply care about our community. That's why we strive to contribute to the betterment of the communities in which we operate by volunteering and donating to a diverse range of charitable organizations. We believe in giving back to the community and each year we donate our service or financial assistance to a partner in need. GPS is committed to long-term growth and prosperity for all those connected with us. In our communities, we strive to be responsible neighbors and to contribute to social and economic prosperity:
• We practice open dialogue with interested stakeholders and meet regularly with our Community Advisory Panels to exchange information.
• We invest in our local communities by identifying strategic partnerships and projects, which support and encourage employee involvement in the areas of environment, education, technology, public safety and youth program.
• In the worldwide community, we identify issues that can benefit from the strengths and expertise of GPS in our business areas.
Community Advisory Panels
Purpose: To enhance dialogue with the communities in which we operate; to proactively address issues and concerns of the community; to share information and participate in community activities.
Employee Matching Contributions
Purpose: To encourage and support employee contributions and citizenship; to maximize access to employees and to maximize employee participation at all levels of the organization; to maximize community relations and loyalty through employee involvement.
Employee Volunteer Recognition
Purpose: To encourage and support employee volunteerism; to maximize access to employees and to maximize employee participation at all levels of the organization; to maximize community relations and loyalty through employee involvement.
Local Community Contributions
Purpose: To provide support to local initiatives that respond to community needs; to provide decision-making authority on a planned and budgeted basis.
Purpose: To provide charitable donations to communities in need.
We at GPS like to acknowledge our employees, management or Advisors for any outside events that they were involved in that are aligned with civic, military, and/ or recognitions.
- GPS awarded COSA & DWI Task Force Community Partner of the Year - 2009
- GPS awarded San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse COSA Award “You Are an Essential Piece” - 2009
- GPS awarded Leadership and Exellence Award - 2014
- GPS awarded Community Partner Cirlces of San Antonio Coalition and Bexar County DWI Taskforce - 2014
- GPS awarded Chairman's Award (ACBCC) - 2015
- GPS awarded San Antonio Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse 10 Year Mission Award - 2016